FBC Enews: March 28th, 2023
Content for E-News: March 28th
This Sunday – April 2 – 9:30 a.m.
Message: “The King is Coming”
Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11
Preaching: Interim Pastor Rev. Dr. David Hinson
Bulletin – Playlist
Easter Egg Hunt Update: Those who are interested in helping to fill the Easter eggs, join us on Sunday, April 2nd during second hour. The Easter Egg Hunt will be Saturday, April 8th @ 9 am.
Easter Invitations: We have prepared Easter invitations to invite family, friends, and coworkers to join us on Easter Sunday. Pick up a few in the Gathering Place on Sunday to hand out. Easter services are as follows: Sunrise Service- 7:30 am, Breakfast- 8:15 am, and morning worship- 9:30 am. JOIN US!
Holy Week Devotions: Pick up your copy at the Gathering Place in preparation for Holy Week. If you are unable to pick one up in person, a PDF version is available HERE.
Help Needed for Hot Meals: It is First Baptist Church’s turn to prepare and serve a hot meal to those in need on Tuesday April 4th and Tuesday April 11th at Memorial Baptist Church. There is a sign up sheet in the Gathering Place for anyone who might be able to help with preparing a dish, salads or cookies, and or is able to serve the meal. Details will be on the sign up sheets. If you have questions, please contact Sue Putterill at 812 350-0357.
31 Days of Prayer: March has been designated our month of prayer as we pray over the many needs, causes, and plans of First Baptist Church Columbus. Each of you is invited to pick a day to pray for an hour during these “31 Days of Prayer.” Continue to pray for all our church needs. A prayer guide is available near the sign up.
Blood Drive: There will be a blood drive sponsored by Versiti Blood Center, on April 17th from 10 am – 2:30 pm in the fellowship hall. Sign up to donate HERE.
Lunch with the Pastor: There is a sign up sheet at the Gathering Place for those who would like to take Pastor David Hinson to lunch on Sundays.
- Continue praying over the Search Committee and its members as they begin the next leg of the race: Keith Arbuckle, Heather Babb, Jeff Caldwell, Bill Griffith, Matt Hamon, Jennifer Kelley, Kenny King, Carolyn Pool, and Alice Richmond.
- Congregational Survey Results can be found HERE.
STUFFED WITH LOVE CAMPAIGN: Stuffed animals can help children with the stress of hospital/ER visits. Your donation of NEW items can help. The goal is 1,000 (500 for Seymour Hospital/500 for Columbus Regional). Sponsored by the Young Marines Troop of Seymour. There is a box in the Gathering Place for donated items.
Bible Study Opportunities: We are in a Lenten Bible Study, “The Eclipse of the Son, The Daily Progression of Darkness During Holy Week” that began in February. Study guides are available in the Gathering Place.
- L.I.G.H.T. Women’s study on Thursdays @ 9:30 am.
- Men of Faith on Fridays @ 7 am.
Scholarships Available: The deadline to submit applications for the FBC Foundation scholarships is April 1st. E. Don Tull Scholarship is for a graduating high school senior planning to attend an institution of higher learning full-time and Foundation Scholarship is for a full-time undergraduate student. Applications can be found on the website under “Connect” – FBC Foundation.
We’ve Got an App for That!
Download and check out our FBC App for all the latest FBC news and links.
Search FBC Columbus in your Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
You can also follow this link.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – 11:00 AM
- Prayer Room – 12:30 PM
- BSF – 9:00 AM
- Choir Practice – 7:00 PM
- LIGHT – 9:30 AM
- Men of Faith – 7:00 AM
- Worship Rehearsal – 8:30 AM
- Pre-Worship Prayer Time – 9:10 AM (Prayer Room)
- Sunday Worship – In-Person & Livestream @ 9:30 AM
- Second Hour – 10:45 AM
- Nashville Christian School Shooting Victims and their Families
- Earthquake Victims and their families in Turkey, Syria, and the Surrounding Area
- Please be in prayer for the Church during this time of pastoral transition, including our Church Council and FBC Staff.
- The Malik Zada/Afghan family being sponsored by our FBC Team.
- The people of Ukraine and efforts toward peace.
- FBC congregant prayer concerns: Lynne Lovelace and Family, Larry Carter and Family, the Family of Corie Wheeler, Soozi Ford and Family, Grace Marshall, Marcia Battle, Dick & Beth Miller, Joyce Roney, Ramona Harlow & all persons who are homebound & in nursing care centers.