FBC Enews: May 23, 2023
Content for E-News: May 23rd
This Sunday – May 28 – 9:30 a.m.
Message: “The Great Race”
Scripture: Hebrews 12:1-2
Preaching: Interim Pastor Rev. Dr. David Hinson
Bulletin – Playlist
In Christian Sympathy: Frances Arbuckle went to be with the Lord on Saturday, May 20th. The funeral will be held at First Baptist Church on Saturday, May 27th with visitation beginning at 10:00 am and the memorial service at 11:00 am. Interment will follow at the Columbarium. Please lift the family up in prayer at this time. To view the complete obituary click HERE.
Abigail Circle will meet on Tuesday May 23rd @ 6 pm for a salad supper.
Sunday Suppers: This will be a time to meet in someone’s home and share a meal with others in our FBC Family who we may not know as well as we should. Guests will be randomly assigned to each location. Menus will be coordinated by the hosts. Signup sheets are in the Gathering Place. We need hosts for these dinners. Please consider inviting a family into your home for one or all of these evenings. Questions? Contact Jerald / Adrienne Hatton or Bob / Judy Rhude. The dates are: June 25th, July 30th, and August 27th
Volunteers Needed: Thanks to all who have volunteered to serve at the Love Chapel Food Booth on Monday, June 26, and Saturday morning, July 1. If you would be willing to serve as a backup or relief worker, please see Missions Team Leader, Bob Langdon, or call him at 812-343-2944.
Graduation Open House on Saturday, May 27th from 3 pm to 6 pm in Fellowship Hall for Landon McIntosh. Come join us in our celebration of Landon’s graduation from Columbus East!
Coffee Fellowship: Join us for coffee fellowship on Sunday, May 28th. Last names I-Q are invited to bring treats to share
Stuffed With Love Update: Last call for the collection of Stuffed animals for children who are treated at Columbus and Seymour hospitals is Sunday May 28.
Office Closed: The church office will be closed on Monday, May 29th in observance of Memorial Day. (Mel will be on vacation beginning May 30th but Laura has agreed to sit in for her.)
Search Committee Update:
- The pastoral search committee continues to work towards identifying candidates for the position of Senior Pastor to bring before the church.
- Our church profile is active in the ABC-USA search system (ministrElife); to date, we have received four responses in that system. We believe more will be forthcoming. We have received two other responses from individuals who became aware of our position via postings on other seminary-affiliated websites. We continue to prepare for candidate evaluation and review. We are working with ABC IN/KY regional minister Steve Allen through this process.
Lunch with the Pastor: There is a sign up sheet at the Gathering Place for those who would like to take Pastor David Hinson to lunch on Sundays.
We’ve Got an App for That!
Download and check out our FBC App for all the latest FBC news and links.
Search FBC Columbus in your Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
You can also follow this link.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – 11:00 AM
- Prayer Room – 12:30 PM
- Abigail Circle Salad Supper 6:00 pm
- Sunday Worship – In-Person & Livestream @ 9:30 AM
- Happy Graduation for All Graduates!
- Texas Tragedy Victims and Their Families.
- Tornado Victims and their families.
- Nashville Christian School Shooting Victims and their Families
- Earthquake Victims and their families in Turkey, Syria, and the Surrounding Area
- Please be in prayer for the Church during this time of pastoral transition, including our Church Council and FBC Staff.
- The Malik Zada/Afghan family being sponsored by our FBC Team.
- The people of Ukraine and efforts toward peace.
- FBC congregant prayer concerns: The Family of Francis Arbuckle, Marcia Battle, Dick & Beth Miller, Joyce Roney, Ramona Harlow, Dan Greene & all persons who are homebound & in nursing care centers.