A variety of ministries for children are offered at First Baptist Church.
Childcare is provided for infants during worship and the Second Hour of Learning (9:30 – 11:30 am) in our church nursery.
Children’s Church is provided for toddlers, pre-school and children through grade 3 during worship. Children participate in the early portion of our order of worship and are dismissed to Children’s Church following a hymn or the Children’s Message (9:45 – 10:30 am)
Second Hour of Learning classes are offered for children of all age levels, starting at 10:45 am.
We host events throughout the year for our youth, including Family Movie Nights, Trunk or Treat, Breakfast with the Angels and an Easter Egg Hunt.
American Baptist Youth (7th-12th Grade)
American Baptist Youth focuses on a balance of four areas important to every youth group: Study, Fellowship, Worship and Service/Outreach. American Baptist Youth meets regularly on Sunday mornings during our 2nd hour and often includes lunch. Additional special activities occur for American Baptist Youth such as Concerts, Service Projects, Conventions, Retreats, and Parties.
End In Mind Statements
The core of what we teach our youth centers on our church’s “End In Mind” statements. These statements permeate our entire Christian Education program from pre-schoolers through young adults. The End In Mind statements reflect not only what we want our young people to know, but what we want them to become.
- God created me in His image.
- God knows me completely and He wants me to know Him intimately.
- God loves me unconditionally.
- I can trust God no matter what happens.
- I will turn to Jesus and the Bible to help me make wise choices.
- By accepting Christ, He has saved me from my sin.
- I will treat other people the way I want to be treated.
- God chooses me, every day, to show His love to the World.
- God has made me unique and has plans to use me to help others know him.