One of the newest additions to First Baptist Church is a Columbarium where members and their families who choose cremation may be memorialized. The six-foot Columbarium has 72 niches and each niche contains 2 cremation urns. The Columbarium is located at the southeast corner of the church near the office and is surrounded by a Memorial Garden of engraved brick pavers bearing the names of donors to the project. The back row of bricked garden features engraved pavers honoring the 43 pastors who have served First Baptist since its beginning in 1852. The overall area is newly landscaped including benches and provides an attractive location for meditation and prayer.
Persons interested in learning more about the Columbarium or in acquiring a niche may contact Ron Lane, Cliff Putterill, or Jean Greenlee.